Week 37, here we go! This week started off with a nice email from a friend.
If I have learned just one thing about social media, it’s the importance of the social network. From keeping in touch with friends and family, it also allows people to connect with people outside of their inner circle and meet others from all over. It’s a great way to spread the love, make new friends and be inspired by your peers.
My friend, Jenn, bloggess from The Crafty Mommy, recently nominated me for a Liebster Award. The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. And since The Mama Project is a new adventure for me, it fits in perfectly! What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 random things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I am a huge Guns N Roses fan.
2. I met my husband on eHarmony.
3. I grew up listening to classic country music and loved it (and still kind of like it today).
4. I don’t consider myself much a creative crafty person, unless it comes to photography!
5. I’ve played tennis since I was 13 – my mother forced me to learn and I’ve loved it ever since.
6. From the age of 5-15, I played classical piano.
7. I absolutely hate horror movies!
8. I grew up on Long Island, New York and moved to California mid-high school.
9. I was born in Hong Kong and went through the naturalization process in middle school.
10. I will always be the first person to laugh…at myself.
11. I am a total dork and I am okay with it.
Questions from The Crafty Mommy:
1. What is your favorite thing to read (magazine, blog, book, etc.)?
Apartment Therapy, People Magazine, Fit Pregnancy…just to name a few – this list could go on forever.
2. What is your best talent?
In my opinion, it’s my creativity. If you were to ask my husband, he would probably say it’s my organizational skills.
3. What is your favorite thing to eat?
I love anything that involves coconut.
4. Why did you start your blog?
I started the Mama Project because I needed a place to organize my ideas while working through my pregnancy.
5. What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?
I should never sweat the small stuff.
6. Favorite movie?
Anything by Quentin Tarantino, The Goonies, and Space Balls.
7. What one person would you like to meet (dead or alive)?
My maternal grandmother – I’ve heard she was a funny lady with a wicked sense of humor.
8. What is your favorite thing you’ve made?
Lemon, blueberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (I don’t usually bake)!
9. What was your all time favorite Halloween costume?
Wonder Woman, when I was in grade school.
10. Who do you live with?
My husband, my pup Roscoe and soon to be baby boy!
11. What is your most prized possession?
Stay tuned for my nominations in a later post!
Thank you Jenn for the nomination! Keep on keepin’ sweetie, can’t wait to read your next blog post. XO